|Monday Night Raw|
|Date||January 22, 1990|
|City||New York City, New York|
|Previous episode||January 15, 1990|
|Next episode||January 29, 1990|
The January 22, 1990 Edition of RAW is a Professional wrestling television show of the WWE's RAW brand, which was taped on January 22, 1993. This episode aired from the Grand Ballroom at the Manhattan Center Studios (a small New York Theater).
Before the matches would begin, Vince McMahon announced everybody that the first title to receive a tournament would be the brand new WWF Championship. Sixteen superstars from the Raw brand would compete in a bracket-style tournament and the great winner would be the first WWF Champion. The final of this tournament would occur just in the next show.
- Dark Match: Buddy Rose defeated Warlord via pinfall.
- Dark Match: The Ultimate Warrior defeated Earthquake via pinfall.
- Dark Match: Ted DiBiase defeated Hillbilly Jim via submission.
- Dark Match: Hulk Hogan defeated Sgt. Slaughter via pinfall.
- Dark Match: Jimmy Snuka defeated Koko B. Ware via pinfall.
- Dark Match: Mr. Perfect defeated Jake Roberts via pinfall.
- Dark Match: Brutus Beefcake defeated Texas Tornado via pinfall.
- Dark Match: Undertaker defeated Barbarian via submission.
After the dark matches to determinate the top eight of the tournament, Vince McMahon came and announced that the televisioned show would begin just in that moment.
- Mr. Perfect defeated Ted DiBiase via pinfall.
- The Ultimate Warrior defeated Brutus Beefcake via pinfall.
- Undertaker defeated Buddy Rose via pinfall.
- Hulk Hogan defeated Jimmy Snuka via pinfall.
- The Ultimate Warrior defeated Undertaker via pinfall.
- Hulk Hogan defeated Mr. Perfect via pinfall.
Before Warrior and Hogan would face themselves on the backstage, Vince McMahon stated that if one of them attack the other before the final of the tournament in the following Raw, they would lose their chance of getting the title.
- This was the first time that happened more dark matches than televisioned ones.