|Saturday Night Nitro|
|Date||January 20, 1990|
|City||New York City, New York|
|Previous episode||January 13, 1990|
|Next episode||January 27, 1990|
January 20, 1990 Edition of Nitro is a Professional wrestling television show of the WWE's Nitro brand, which was taped on January 20, 1993. This episode aired from the Grand Ballroom at the Manhattan Center Studios (a small New York Theater).
- Boris Khuzov vs Dino Bravo ended in No Contest.
During the match, Queen Sherri entered and watched the match, distracting the competitors so the referee expulsed her and cancelled the match.
- Rick Martel defeated Tugboat via pinfall.
- Brooklyn Brawler defeated Rick Rude via pinfall.
- Tito Santana defeated Akeem via pinfall.
- The Road Warriors (Animal and Hawk) defeated Rhythm & Blues (Greg Valentine and Honky Tonky Man) via pinfall.
After the match, Vince McMahon walked to the ring and prepared his speech about the championships on the WWE/WWF. He decided that seven inaugural championships were going to be created, three exclusively to the Raw brand, three exclusive to the Nitro brand and one inter-brand.
He decided that the tournaments would start at the following week, first with the major championship, then going to the minor one and finally, the tag team one. Finalists of one tournament can't compete in another one.
The only title without contest would be the WWF Women's Championship, because since Queen Sherri was the only diva at the time, just she could take the title.
- This is was the first time a champion was crowned, in addiction, the first time he/she had no competition for it. (Queen Sherri - Women's Championship)
- This is was the first show that had no wins by submissions.